Welcome to ByShi, Art by Shiloh!

Welcome to Shiloh's blog, sharing creativity, laughter, some tears, hope and strength through art. You can find more art and advocacy work by Shiloh on her website, simply click on this link: www.shilohmoore.wix.com/byshi Prints of some of her work can be bought at: http://shilissimo.redbubble.com All artwork © by Shiloh Moore

Sunday, January 22, 2012

"The Dancer - Talia Fowler"

I put aside a photo of Talia Fowler from the Courier Mail in 2009 soon after she won the second season of Australian 'So You Think You Can Dance.' I love the movement, the freedom, the grace, beauty and simplicity of the photo. Today I did this sketch.

I played with it a bit to give it a shaded background:Then played with some colour:

Then some subtler pink:


And this time with blue:

7 comments:

  1. very interesting to see the process...now, does she have a f/b page to share with her on? XXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kp! I looked her up and she had 40 followers but no wall... Would be nice to somehow get it to her though, hey? xx

      Delete
  2. love the dancer art work. i post dancer photos as my facebook profile all the time. they make me smile! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks SallyJ! I love pictures with movement, and love dancers. To me they radiate joy :) Glad they make you smile too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You captured it so well with so little.

    Gorgeous Shi.

    Big love
    Marzipan xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marzi xx I love simplifying :) Big love right back atcha

      Delete