Welcome to ByShi, Art by Shiloh!

Welcome to Shiloh's blog, sharing creativity, laughter, some tears, hope and strength through art. You can find more art and advocacy work by Shiloh on her website, simply click on this link: www.shilohmoore.wix.com/byshi Prints of some of her work can be bought at: http://shilissimo.redbubble.com All artwork © by Shiloh Moore

Monday, January 4, 2016

Heart Of An Aussie Owl

'Heart of An Aussie Owl'
© 2015 by Shiloh Moore
December 2015
Pitt Pen on Watercolour Paper 

I sell (and give away) cards I've made from cardstock, scrapbooking materials and stickers.  In October a friend wanted an owl card (of which I had many!) but he did not want a 'horned' owl or owl with heavy eyebrows - 'they're American.  I want an Aussie Owl!'

Of course all the scrapbooking materials I can find only have 'horned' or 'heavy browed' owls.  So I looked at Australian Owls at www.owlpages.com and fell in love with their almost heart shaped faces.  So bit by bit throughout December 2015 I drew my own version of an Aussie Owl.

'Heart Of An Aussie Owl - Step by step Collage'
© 2015 by Shiloh Moore

This was the evolution of my drawing. 

May the heart, the essence, the wisdom, the power and the beauty of an Aussie Owl be with you :)

May this owl welcome you to the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment