Welcome to ByShi, Art by Shiloh!

Welcome to Shiloh's blog, sharing creativity, laughter, some tears, hope and strength through art. You can find more art and advocacy work by Shiloh on her website, simply click on this link: www.shilohmoore.wix.com/byshi Prints of some of her work can be bought at: http://shilissimo.redbubble.com All artwork © by Shiloh Moore

Monday, April 25, 2016

SpiralDragonfly

 'SpiralDragonfly'
© 23-27th March 2016 by Shiloh Moore
16"x20" Metallic Acrylic, Nail Polish and Posca Pen on Canvas

One of my very best friends was recently married.  It's always hard when I can't physically attend such special events, rituals and occasions.  But I still wanted to mark it with a gift.

I have had the background painted for 3 years now, (though I forgot to take a photo!  Too late now!!!)  Then a year ago when they became engaged I knew exactly what I wanted to paint.  My friend's partner is an entomologist and my friend loves spirals.  I love dragonflies, simplified drawings, and spirals, so I could see exactly what I wanted to paint.  I was so extremely, critically ill at the time, and it seemed like it may be an eternity until I may be able to do a large picture like this - I can usually only handle small pictures, and for a long time I was not even able to do those.  But this Easter, (appropriately a time of new life,) just a couple days after the wedding, I was able to do it!  It turned out exactly as I imagined, though there were the usual problem solving issues to bring it into fruition.

Today they visited and I presented it to them.  We had a wonderful time together xx  I hope they treasure it as I treasure them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment