Welcome to ByShi, Art by Shiloh!

Welcome to Shiloh's blog, sharing creativity, laughter, some tears, hope and strength through art. You can find more art and advocacy work by Shiloh on her website, simply click on this link: www.shilohmoore.wix.com/byshi Prints of some of her work can be bought at: http://shilissimo.redbubble.com All artwork © by Shiloh Moore

Friday, February 10, 2017

I Dig You

'I Dig You'
© 2016 by Shiloh Moore
5"x7" Pitt Pen and Watercolour on Paper

Products with this image can be bought here on Redbubble

Years ago, I saw a valentine's card that I thought was hilarious.  It said 'I Like You' and had a picture of a dog sniffing another dog's butt.  How romantic!

Last year I wanted to draw my own version, so I came up with the pun 'I dig you' (which is slang for 'I like you') and drew an illustration of a boy dachshund getting so excited sniffing a girl dachshund's butt, that he digs his feet. 

Randomly, after I drafted my picture, on Facebook a friend posted a cartoon by the artist Gemma Correll.  I LOVE her work!  She draws hilarious cartoons, puns and a variety of things.   Pugs and cartoons on mental health are her specialty and I think she's just brilliant.  I wanted to support her work so I ordered some books by her - including 'The Worrier's Guide to Life,' 'It's a Punderful Life,' and 'The Little Book of Pug Wisdom.'  She also had 'Doodling For Dog People.' What an awesome discovery. 

And...while I was browsing her artwork, I came across the original 'I Like You' card!  You can buy it here:  'I Like You' by Gemma Correll - by Ohh Deer gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment