Welcome to ByShi, Art by Shiloh!

ATTENTION!!! Shiloh's blog has moved to http://byshi.hogfish.net/blog - please visit this link to see new posts!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Spiralbird

'Spiralbird' copyright 2012 by Shiloh Moore
11" x 14" Mixed Media on Canvas
Completed 26/8/12

I found some beautiful purple paper with silver scribbled sheet music on it, by Alison Ellis Design scrapbooking paper.  I wanted to use it in a mixed media painting.  I thought of using it with a bird so the music was bird song.  I drew a simplified image of a bird and I imagined it with spirals coming up from the bottom.  

I played around with pearlised coloured acrylic paints for the background.  Then added some silver spots using bubblewrap.  Then I glued on the scrapbooking paper.  Then I drew on the outline of the bird and it looked like this: 

Then I filled in the body with silver and it looked like this:


Then I drew on the spirals and Spiralbird was complete!






11 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it, Shi! Well done on completing it and well done on your endless creativity. Love it and love you! NJ :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, NJ, thank you so much! You're so sweet! Love you too :)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely delightful. I'm a sucker for spirals and purple, so this really does it for me. :) This would make a delightful notecard! Jan (from CFAS)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jani! I will definitely make cards from it :) Thanks for leaving a message!

      Delete
  3. Love it! Pure talent and creativity!

    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shiloh,
    Found you from your recent posting on Tracy's "Magical" group. Following you now. Hope you'll do the same on my blog. Really like your "Spiral Bird." I'm a bird fan myself. You can find my blog here: www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com
    And I"m on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/coleenfranks

    Blessings,
    Coleen, an American in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Coleen! I checked out your blog and am now following :) It's nice to meet new arty people. Thanks for your kind comments! Much love x Shi

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete