Welcome to ByShi, Art by Shiloh!

Welcome to Shiloh's blog, sharing creativity, laughter, some tears, hope and strength through art. You can find more art and advocacy work by Shiloh on her website, simply click on this link: www.shilohmoore.wix.com/byshi Prints of some of her work can be bought at: http://shilissimo.redbubble.com All artwork © by Shiloh Moore

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Zentangle Part 1: Dove

"Zentangle Dove"
© 2015 By Shiloh Moore
31/5/15

I haven't done any new drawing or painting in almost a year.  I've had a crazy time with my health and most of the time have not been well enough to create, plus I have not been feeling particularly inspired, so I did not want to push it.

One of my awesome doctors recently gave me an 'important prescription' - a colouring in book for adults, to gently get me back in the zone, with no pressure, and to just have fun.  The next day, another friend recommended I google 'Zentangle Art' and get into awesome creative doodling.  I've never been much of a doodler - I have mind blanks and put too much pressure on myself to not make a mistake!  But I thought I'd give it a try.
So my first attempt I used the outline of my doves in 'Be Free' (ByShi Blogpost Feb 12 2012) which I used again in 'Dove Tree Mandala' (ByShi Blogpost Sept 23 2012).  
I was not well enough to sit for long to do this, so I lay on my side and drew in the way I illustrated in my post 'Living With ME and FM Series - Lying Down' (ByShi Blogpost Jan 18 2012).

This was my first attempt at Zentangle and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Later that day I tried 'Zentangle Part 2: Dachshund', which I will upload soon, so stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment