Welcome to ByShi, Art by Shiloh!

Welcome to Shiloh's blog, sharing creativity, laughter, some tears, hope and strength through art. You can find more art and advocacy work by Shiloh on her website, simply click on this link: www.shilohmoore.wix.com/byshi Prints of some of her work can be bought at: http://shilissimo.redbubble.com All artwork © by Shiloh Moore

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Zentangle Part 3: Tenterfield Terrier

"Zentangle Tenterfield Terrier"
© 2015 By Shiloh Moore
30 May - 24 June 2015
Pitt Pens and Derwent Pencils on Watercolour paper, on Scrapbooking Paper Background

For my third effort at Zentangle I was ambitious, I wanted to do a portrait in memory of my beloved pooch!  I wanted to give it as a gift, so the pressure was on to do it justice. Here's the photo of my beloved:



I did the outline the same day as the outlines of my previous posts, 'Zentangle Daschund', and 'Zentangle Dove' (30th May 2015.)

Outline 'Zentangle Tenterfield Terrier' 
© 2015 by Shiloh Moore

I had both a brown and a black Pitt Pen to do the doodling on her face, so I photocopied my outline and roughly scribbled in the areas to be shaded black and brown.

Stage 2 of 'Zentangle Tenterfield Terrier'
© 2015 by Shiloh Moore

Then I took a couple weeks off as my arms were in extreme Fibromyalgia pain from the drawing I had done (my arms are always sore but this spurt of artwork had really flared it again.)

When I could, I looked at other zentangle and zen doodles online and in a book, for ideas as to my favourite styles of doodling, and ones that may look good and were appropriate for my pooch!

Then I could contain my pacing/resting/art ban no longer and decided to start doodling.  I worked on it for a few days 20-24th June and before I knew it, it was finished!

Here's a progress pic when I had started doodling:

Stage 3 of 'Zentangle Tenterfield Terrier'
© 2015 by Shiloh Moore

And the finished drawing without the scrapbooking paper background:  


Stage 4 of 'Zentangle Tenterfield Terrier'
© 2015 by Shiloh Moore

 And the finished product below the photo of my beloved poocherino:



No comments:

Post a Comment