Welcome to ByShi, Art by Shiloh!

Welcome to Shiloh's blog, sharing creativity, laughter, some tears, hope and strength through art. You can find more art and advocacy work by Shiloh on her website, simply click on this link: www.shilohmoore.wix.com/byshi Prints of some of her work can be bought at: http://shilissimo.redbubble.com All artwork © by Shiloh Moore

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Greeting: I don't know what to say...

"I Don't Know What To Say... But I'd rather say that than nothing at all..."
Words © 2015 By Shiloh Moore
Words on 'Abstract Painting'
© 2012 By Shiloh Moore
Acrylic on Canvas 2012


A few friends have been going through severe times lately.  I've been looking for an appropriate card - but 'Get well soon' when you have a long term chronic illness is like a kick in the face, you know it's not going to happen (well you may improve to a better level - hopefully - but it's highly unlikely you'll recover to being fully 'well'.)  And a sympathy card is not appropriate either, nobody's died - you're still alive, life is just incredibly hard for you!  There are times when I just don't know what to say.  So I thought I'd make a card that said just that.

I know from experience, especially in the early days of chronic long term illness, that I would rather hear from somebody that they have been thinking of me rather than feel isolated not realising others cared.  Sometimes just letting someone know you care - and acknowledging there is no 'quick fix' or 'cure', but you are still there - that means the world.  You don't have to 'fix' the problem.  Just being there is important beyond measure. And if you send a card like this and don't hear back - it's most often not because it's not appreciated.  It's appreciated perhaps even more so.  So send it with no agenda for a response.  Know your efforts will be appreciated, and reciprocated in spirit if not in practice! 



No comments:

Post a Comment