Welcome to ByShi, Art by Shiloh!

Welcome to Shiloh's blog, sharing creativity, laughter, some tears, hope and strength through art. You can find more art and advocacy work by Shiloh on her website, simply click on this link: www.shilohmoore.wix.com/byshi Prints of some of her work can be bought at: http://shilissimo.redbubble.com All artwork © by Shiloh Moore

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Plait Hairstyle

'Plait Hairstyle'
©  Dec 2016 by Shiloh Moore
5x5" Pitt Pen and Red Bic Mark-It Pen on Paper

Products with this image can be bought here at Redbubble

Earlier in the year I drew a girl from behind, wearing one of my favourite hairstyles, which can be found here: 'Twirl Hairstyle' by Shiloh Moore August 2016


I wanted to try again to draw a girl, this time with a plait.  I added a red bow as I loved wearing ribbons in my hair when I was young and had long hair (and scrunchies - it was the 80's/early 90's!)  These are two of my favourite hairstyles for long hair.  In my dreams, when I am healthy, I have long hair (I had to have my  waist-length hair cut off aged 14 due to the pain it caused with Fibromyalgia. Even tying shorter hair back or wearing a headband hurts - to this day, so I have had very short hair since.)  I love long hair and I associate it with my childhood - a happy time when I was healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment