Welcome to ByShi, Art by Shiloh!

Welcome to Shiloh's blog, sharing creativity, laughter, some tears, hope and strength through art. You can find more art and advocacy work by Shiloh on her website, simply click on this link: www.shilohmoore.wix.com/byshi Prints of some of her work can be bought at: http://shilissimo.redbubble.com All artwork © by Shiloh Moore

Monday, January 23, 2017

La La Land - Here's To The Ones Who Dream

'La La Land - Here's To The Ones Who Dream'
© 2017 by Shiloh Moore
5x5" Pitt Pen and Watercolour on Paper

Products with this image are available to buy here at Redbubble

I recently saw the film 'La La Land.'  It was special for me on many levels.  

Firstly it was the first movie I was well enough to go to with a friend in about 8 years.  I used to go to movies regularly but became too ill to go.  Occasionally I pushed myself to go spontaneously to a morning session if I was well enough, but I always went on my own in case I needed to leave the cinema mid-movie, plus I didn't have energy to talk to somebody as well as sit up long enough for a movie.  So this was a landmark occasion for me to go to a movie with a friend.  

Secondly I loved the film.  The music, costumes, acting, singing, dancing, storyline... I was swept away and loved it all.  It's such a joyful film - yet remains realistic.  It made me feel proud of who I am and what I do with my art - I'm a 'dreamer' and want to spread joy through art.  The world needs more joy through creativity.

Thirdly, the movie made me want to draw.  I was looking at the promotional posters and I immediately saw lines, shapes and the flow of the bodies form and I really wanted to draw it.  So I did, using my 'line-drawing' style I developed years ago and always fall back on.  It was so much fun!

So I'd like to thank 'La La Land' for bringing me joy.  This is my tribute, and I hope you enjoy it. 'Here's to the ones who dream.'

No comments:

Post a Comment