Welcome to ByShi, Art by Shiloh!

ATTENTION!!! Shiloh's blog has moved to http://byshi.hogfish.net/blog - please visit this link to see new posts!

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Obama Care



'Obama Care'
Jan 21-22 2017 by Shiloh Moore
14x20cm Pitt Pen on Paper

Products with this image can be bought here at Redbubble

I am an Australian with multiple chronic health conditions.  My life has been saved by our world class health care system multiple times.

My main condition though, ME/CFS (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) is largely neglected worldwide.  I have friends with ME in the US.

In March 2012 a couple, Courtney and Bob Miller, at a town hall meeting in Reno, Nevada, asked Obama to increase the funding and research for ME in the US.  Obama promised he would investigate what the NIH (National Institute for Health) was doing about ME, and he kept that promise to elevate the priority of ME/CFS in the US. 

We have just seen the next president's Inauguration and marches for women around the world.  I was not well enough to march, but instead I turned the TV off and drew Michelle and Barack Obama in gratitude for the impact they have made globally.  I drew most of this portrait while lying down.

I stand with healthcare (especially treatment of people with ME/CFS,) women's rights, race relations, multiculturalism, LGBTI rights and with the marginalised.

The world is watching, with bated breath.

 
'Obama Care' process photo
22 Jan 2017 by Shiloh Moore 
Facebook @byshi.art 
Instagram @byshi.art
 Pinterest  byshi
#byshiart

Photo of Michelle and Barack Obama - credit unknown.  I printed it from the website:



No comments:

Post a Comment