Welcome to ByShi, Art by Shiloh!

ATTENTION!!! Shiloh's blog has moved to http://byshi.hogfish.net/blog - please visit this link to see new posts!

Friday, February 10, 2017

I Dig You

'I Dig You'
© 2016 by Shiloh Moore
5"x7" Pitt Pen and Watercolour on Paper

Products with this image can be bought here on Redbubble

Years ago, I saw a valentine's card that I thought was hilarious.  It said 'I Like You' and had a picture of a dog sniffing another dog's butt.  How romantic!

Last year I wanted to draw my own version, so I came up with the pun 'I dig you' (which is slang for 'I like you') and drew an illustration of a boy dachshund getting so excited sniffing a girl dachshund's butt, that he digs his feet. 

Randomly, after I drafted my picture, on Facebook a friend posted a cartoon by the artist Gemma Correll.  I LOVE her work!  She draws hilarious cartoons, puns and a variety of things.   Pugs and cartoons on mental health are her specialty and I think she's just brilliant.  I wanted to support her work so I ordered some books by her - including 'The Worrier's Guide to Life,' 'It's a Punderful Life,' and 'The Little Book of Pug Wisdom.'  She also had 'Doodling For Dog People.' What an awesome discovery. 

And...while I was browsing her artwork, I came across the original 'I Like You' card!  You can buy it here:  'I Like You' by Gemma Correll - by Ohh Deer gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment