Welcome to ByShi, Art by Shiloh!

ATTENTION!!! Shiloh's blog has moved to http://byshi.hogfish.net/blog - please visit this link to see new posts!

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Rainbow Bob Girl



'Rainbow Bob Girl'
© 2017 by Shiloh Moore
Watercolour Pencil on Paper

Products with this image can be bought here at Redbubble

I wanted to experiment doing a portrait using Watercolour Pencils.  I used a reference photo from p29 'Hair' Magazine Sept 2016.   I reverse image searched it and you can find it as the 8th picture at the link below:  

Model Karolina Warzecha
Hair Artist Christophe Gaillet pour L'Oreal Professionnel
Photographer Weronika Kosinska
Makeup Artist Izabela Szelagowska
Stylist Marcin Kulak
Production MKproduction
I've been too scared to draw many portraits in the past, but for this one I used a light box and traced her face using a rainbow of colours with watercolour pencils.  I'm not confident enough to draw free hand yet.  But as my first experiment of a portrait using this technique with watercolour pencils, I'm happy with the result!


No comments:

Post a Comment